Fish rolls are a variety of deep-fried appetizers served warm with sauce. A fish roll is a large, cylindrical, savoury roll with fish meat and other fillings inside a thickly-wrapped starch flour skin, which is fried in hot oil.
* Clean and dress whole fish.
* Cook dressed fish for 15 minutes and drain off the water.
* Remove skin, scales and bones and separate the meat either manually or mechanically.
* Properly fry Onion, Ginger and Green chilly separately.
* Prepare sheet from dough and cut into required size (approximate weight of sheet is 24 gm).
* Mix ingredients serially numbered from 1 to 9 well for preparing filling.
* About 15 - 20 gm filling is kept in the centre of each sheet and rolled out neatly.
* Then fry it in oil
Method of Dough Preparation
* Ingredients serially numbered from 10 to 16 are required for batter mix.
* The ingredients like American flour (maida), corn flour, bengal gram, salt, guar gum and turmeric powder should mix well to get dry batter mix.
* Add hot water (900 ml for 2 kg batter mix) to the dry batter mix and pass through Pasta making machine.
* Thus, a uniform layered sheet is obtained.