Prawn Chutney Powder is a traditional food product made from Dried prawns, Bengal and Black Grams, Coconut, Curry leaves and Other Spices. This is in powder form and it is a very good combination with Rice, Chapathi, Tuber Crops, Bread etc.
Dried Prawn Preparation
* Properly wash and clean the prawn
* Dip cleaned prawn in the water mixed with Citric Acid (2%) and Salt (1%) for 10 minutes
* Dry the cleaned prawn either in open sun light or dryers
Chutney Base Preparation
* Properly wash and clean Bengal Gram and Black Gram; Fry it separately and powder it separately.
* Fry grated Coconut, cleaned Red Chilly, Coriander and Curry leaves together till gets brown colour. Powder it after cooling.
* Mix Tamarind with little Bengal Gram powder in the mixer grinder.
* Properly mix all the above powdered ingredients with sufficient amount of salt to get Chutney base.
Prawn Chutney Powder Preparation
* Fry cleaned and dried prawn without oil and powder it in the mixer grinder.
* Mix properly Chutney base with Prawn powder (15-20 % of chutney base) to get Chutney powder.
* Chutney powder can be stored in sealed LD-HD polythene covers for up to six months.