Fish kebab is made from steam cooked raw fish mince and then adding bangal gram and other ingredients. The final mix is then formulated in desired shape which is then breaded or battered, then deep-fried in oil. Fish kebabs can be made in various cooked forms.
* Dress the fish after heading , gutting and washing thoroughly.
* Prepare fish mince either manually or using a mechanical meat bone separator.
* Cook raw mince in steam for 30 minutes.
* Soak Bengal gram in water and cook in minimum water (if not finely cooked, mix it in a grinder).
* Mix steamed mince and cooked Bengal gram well and add 80 ML Lemon juice to the mix and again mix well.
* Chop onion and fry in oil till gets brownish yellow colour.
* Make a paste of Ginger, Garlic and Green chilly and add it to the fried onion.
* Then, add Mint leaves and Coriander leaves.
* Mix all the ingredients together, prepare balls and shape to desired forms.
* Dip in the batter and coat with bread crumbs and fry in oil.
Method of Batter Preparation
* Ingredients serially numbered from 13 to 19 are required for batter mix.
* The ingredients like American flour (maida), corn flour, bengal gram, salt, guar gum and turmeric powder should mix well to get dry batter mix.
* Add potable water to the dry batter mix in the 1:2 ratio (dry batter : water) to get batter mix.